Medicare Options Made Easy
Medicare Advantage plans are health insurance plans that are approved by Medicare and run by private insurance companies. A Medicare Advantage plan is required to provide all Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B benefits and may include prescription drug coverage. Most Medicare Advantage plans also add additional benefits like dental or vision coverage, health club memberships, medical transportation, or coverage for hearing aids. Although some require the beneficiary to pay a premium they are considerably lower than most Medicare Supplement plans.
Wisconsin Advantage agents attend regular training and events to be certified to offer nationally recognized carriers’ products for the areas we operate in.
Medicare Supplement insurance, also known as Medigap, pays for some of the expenses not covered in the original Medicare program (Parts A and B). Medicare supplements are not designed to replace Medicare. Instead they supplement Original Medicare by paying for things such as co-payments, coinsurance, deductibles and more. Medigap or Medicare Supplemental Insurance plans are standardized by the same agency that oversees Medicare, but these plans are sold and administered by private companies
Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan
Part D adds prescription drug coverage to Original Medicare and some Medicare Advantage plans. These plans are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare, and must follow guidelines established by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
If you decide not to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D) when you are first eligible, and you don’t have other creditable prescription drug coverage or don’t get Extra Help, you’ll likely pay a late enrollment penalty when you do join a plan.
Medicare Options Made Easy!
Don’t Pay More for your Medicare Prescription Drug Costs than you need to!
Even if you are already enrolled in Medicare Part D, Wisconsin Advantage may be able to show you how to reduce your costs
Learn More about a tailored Wisconsin Advantage Solution, we make it easy!
Frequently asked questions
- Yes, Medicare requires you to have “creditable” prescription coverage while enrolled in Medicare. Most people choose to enroll in a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP). Veteran’s coverage and Employer benefits oftentimes would be considered “creditable”. In Wisconsin there is a State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program called Senior Care RX which is also considered creditable.
- If you become eligible for Medicare and have no creditable coverage you may be required to pay a Late Enrollment Penalty in the future.
- Many people on Medicare get inundated with mail and marketing to the point where it is difficult to know which option to choose. Wisconsin Advantage is a licensed brokerage agency which means we can offer multiple options. Our licensed agents will complete a no-cost, comprehensive review of your situation to help determine which options will offer you the lowest overall costs.
- Everyone is different and the options that fit for one person’s prescription needs may not fit for others. It is important to work with a team like Wisconsin Advantage that can take the time to analyze your needs and tailor you a solution. We will even help you determine if you may qualify for other non-insurance assistance programs that can greatly reduce your monthly drug costs.
- Wisconsin Advantage agents are highly trained and will be able to provide you with a comprehensive analysis including:
- Potential ways to save money by applying for state and federal programs.
- How Medicare Parts A, B, C and D work.
- A thorough review of your medications, how they are covered and a monthly cost breakdown.
- A menu of choices for prescription drug and healthcare needs. Many of our members pay no monthly premium, in addition to Medicare Part B’s premium, to receive high quality health and drug benefits.
- Wisconsin Advantage is dedicated to the communities we serve.
- Our office is located in the Appleton Wisconsin area and we have agents throughout the entire state.
- We conducted dozens of events each year throughout our communities in Wisconsin to help people understand how Medicare works and how to access state and federal programs.
- There are many people who qualify for state and federal programs that could greatly reduce their costs and quality of life yet many people don’t understand how they work. We help our customers navigate those options.
- Wisconsin Advantage is a Medicare focused agency
- Many insurance agencies work with multiple lines of insurance such as life, annuities, property etc. Wisconsin Advantage’s specialty is Medicare insurance options. This ensures our agents are highly trained and the service they deliver is at the highest standard of care and quality.
There are many GREAT insurance companies out there that offer outstanding products. However, each insurance company has different ways they cover medications, providers, travel and additional benefits. By choosing a brokerage agency like Wisconsin Advantage you will have many choices. We will not only offer many choices but we will complete a comprehensive analysis of your situation to make sure the choices we are offering you meet your specific needs. We do all the work to find the right insurance company options that meet your needs so you don’t have to.
- Wisconsin Advantage agents are knowledgeable, professional and friendly.
- Wisconsin Advantage will be an advocate for you! We will help tailor solutions that are based on your needs.
- We make it easy for you!
- You will have a dedicated licensed agent who will be there for you when you need them.
- Insurance options can change every year so your dedicated Wisconsin Advantage licensed agent will stay updated on industry and product changes. Each year they will review your plan with you to ensure it still meets your unique needs.
SAVE MONEY !!
Wisconsin Advantage licensed agents have saved hundreds of people thousands of dollars by educating them on the assistance programs available and coordinating those programs with low cost prescription drug plans.
Our team has helped over 5,000 Medicare beneficiaries in WI find the right Medicare options.